Friday, January 23, 2009
via the DWR blog:
But I think that I will wait until spring to do this with my daughter because today is -25 c!
Film Canister Rocket
• An empty 35mm plastic film canister and lid (it’s rumored that the semitransparent canisters work best)
• One Alka-Seltzer tablet
• Safety goggles
How to create your rocket:
1. Put on your goggles.
2. Put one half of the antacid tablet in the canister.
3. Add a teaspoon of water to the canister.
4. Quickly put on the cap and snap it tightly.
5. Quickly put it cap-side-down and step back.
In a few seconds, the film canister will launch into the air. In the event of a misfire, wait at least 30 seconds before approaching the canister. Launching the rocket outdoors is recommended.
Posted by Unknown at 8:41 AM